The Reasons I like Horror Movies


Everyone has their own reasons why that person can like something. It could be because of environmental factors that support, the trend that existed at the time, or it could be also because of getting the blessing in disguise. Similarly, to like the horror movie genre.

As I recall, this began when my brother, who at that time only made a band start collecting heavy metal tapes.


But what made me crazy about horror was when my brother brought Fangoria magazine. And that very moment, I "fell in love" with Freddy Krueger with all his makeup and other attributes.


Falling in love alone does not necessarily make a person continue to love it. What makes me still love horror is because it's only in that movie genre that I can see things that entertain my imagination visually. Not every day I can see someone (Johnny Depp) being led like a doll using his veins.

Heavy Metal In The Horror Movies

Then my musical taste started to like Heavy Metal since I realized that most of the horror movies I've watched used heavy metal music as their soundtracks. 
Long story short, I found both visual and hearing entertainment in horror movies.

I have to admit that I also love fantasy stories, but I rarely (or never) found an epic fantasy movie using heavy metal as their soundtrack. The scoring is great, of course, but that's not what I like to hear using my walkman every day.

The Classic Mistakes Yet Monumental

And the most classic is, the victim who runs will still be caught by criminals who walk slowly. So is the scene when the victim is looking for the right key from a keychain. And when the right key is inserted, the car won't start. Why? Because what he was looking for the key to open the gate.

GryphinGore, back to the grave!

Comments